Theo Bosboom - Fulmar at waterfall

I am happy that my picture Fulmar at waterfall was awarded at the European Wildlife photographer of the year 2013 (runner up in the birds category). I took the picture on a winter trip this year at the Seljalandfoss waterfall in South Iceland. The nice thing from this waterfall is that you can walk behind it. From previous visits I knew there were lots of fulmars staying in the vicinity of the waterfall the whole winter and that they are flying on and off the whole day. I didn’t need much time to take this picture, because it was in my head already for months. The hardest thing was that my lens got very wet from the spray of the waterfall and I had to clean it after every two or three pictures I took.

Location: Seljalandfoss, Iceland

Tags: Bird, flight, fulmar, Fulmarus glacialis, Iceland, Seljalandfoss, Theo Bosboom, water, waterfall

Comments

1. Theo said:

26/10/2013 08:07

And of course big congrats to my fellow Npb-ers Alex (who took the grand title), Bruno, Sven, Oriol, Zoltán and Luciano for their awards at the contest, well done!

26/10/2013 13:00

Amazing image, dear Theo, and congratulations for the award. I second too the kudos to Alex and all the other fellow NPBers… we rock! ;-)

3. David Guimaraes said:

26/10/2013 16:39

Congratulations Theo! It is a very pwerfull and beautifull image! Simply yours! I´m trully happy for you my friend and for all the members of NPB who where also distinguished on GDT European Wildlife Photographer of the Year!

26/10/2013 20:13

Congratulations Theo! Great capture! Did you convert it to black and white or was it light this due to the conditions?

5. Theo said:

27/10/2013 21:39

Thanks guys. Sven it was converted to black and white to make it a bit more graphical, although there was not much colour in it anyway

6. Luciano said:

28/10/2013 21:34

Great image Theo! and my compliments for the competition to you and all others of us... :)

7. Johan Van Hoof said:

29/10/2013 19:16

Theo,

Stunning picture, no wonder it got awarded ! With such an image you probably end up with an award or a commended award in any competition you participate in ! In the end, it's nice to see that your work gets appreciated by other and winning an award is awesome but of second importance at the same time especially if you can deliver these kind of images :-)

Keep up the good work