Sven Začek - Welcome to the crystal factory!

Some time before sunrise. I am a huge fan of ice and icy landscapes. So far I think this is my best picture. It certainly depicts the rarest natural phenomena I have photographed. I have been talking about ice conditions with people, who have lived on the coast their entire life and they said it was hard to recall a sight like this. Their conclusion was that if I ever see anything like it again in my life then I will be extremely lucky. I feel lucky already :)

Location: Estonia

Tags: cold, crystal, ice, jää, kristall, külm, sven zacek, talv

Comments

1. Hilda said:

13/03/2011 12:39

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

2. Meelis Kivirand said:

13/03/2011 21:53

Well captured powerful nature moment Sven! WOW!

13/03/2011 23:10

I understand your fascination with ice completely ... and this sight is really amazing. Love this reflection in the ice mirror.

4. Jaak said:

14/03/2011 18:17

Let's buy lotto tickets now :-). Then again, as one pretty clever person said, luck comes with passion. And as I've calculated, in lotto the risk versus odds in 6 of 48 is for example 10:1 against us (you pay 10 times more that the average winning is, at least in Estonia). So lets let Sven take these lucky pics and stay away from lotto.

16/03/2011 14:19

6. Mariusz Oszustowicz said:

25/03/2011 14:53

Beautiful photo. I understand you very well because I had the opportunity to see a similar phenomenon with my own eyes in the vicinity of Slovinski National Park in Poland. During the thaw in February this year,strong wind was blowing. Imagine a forest buried under the ice to a height of more than 5 meters.Unbelievable. Locals never seen this phenomenon