Sandra Bartocha - Frozen Beauty

One last winter image from me to wave the winter a final goodbye …
During the cold snowless days of the past weeks I decided to travel to the Baltic Sea coast in order to capture some icy landscapes. The structures of the waterfall at the Kieler Bach looked amazing and the first red clouds at the horizon reflected their light on the white chalk cliffs.
Winter is usually the time of the great landslides as the melting water blows up the porous chalk.

Location: Germany

Tags: baltic sea, germany, ice, Landscape, national park jasmund, ruegen, sandra bartocha, snow, waterfall, winter

09/03/2011 09:15

Wow! What a great photo! The predawn colors really spice of the colors.

09/03/2011 11:46

Sandra, this is absolutely gorgeous! I like the colors, the different shapes and how the tree in the upper left side somehow gives a "visual sea level" (cfr. G. Rowell) to an otherwise surreal situation. Nice, nice, nice!

3. Theo Bosboom said:

10/03/2011 09:33

What an amazing picture Sandra, congrats! A balanced composition, spectacular scenery and great light.

To all photographers of this website: great idea, great pictures, very inspiring, I'll be a regular vistor.

4. Jaak Põder said:

10/03/2011 22:07

A good example how to get colours into this black/white snow and ice world.

5. willy di giulian said:

12/03/2011 21:12

wonderful Sandra, the tree on the ice is percfet for the image.
    good composition.

6. Mariusz Oszustowicz said:

25/03/2011 13:56

Very good picture. Color, composition and place everything fits perfectly.
    I saw something similar on the Polish part of the Baltic.

25/03/2011 16:01

@ marius
    i have to come to poland and see this place with you!
    i always wanted to visit the polish part of the baltic sea - we should do it. :)

8. Mariusz Oszustowicz said:

26/03/2011 23:17

I invite you cordially. I will be happy to host you and your friends.Write me an email when you want to come, how many people and get to work.:-)

9. Renate said:

20/04/2011 18:55

Fantastic! The picture really tells a story, and is great on the eye! :) I love the light. It almost, but just almost, makes me miss winter. ;)

10. Romeo Koitmäe said:

21/05/2011 11:45

Absolutely stunning Cliff photo. Love the colors reflection in this awesome frozen view. Fantastic work Sandra!

11. Kryon said:

26/05/2011 19:02

What a beautiful photo! When I see this photo, i feel something.Anyway your photo is charmed my mind.Thanks for sharing.