Stian Holmen - Great Grey Owl

Last summer this fantastic bird came to a small island in Trondheimsfjorden.
I spend an evening with it, waiting for the bird to fly.
Suddenly it fly, and i got my shot, FANTASITC BIRD!
A gost from the taiga forest.

Location: Ytterøy, Norway

Tags: Bird, great grey, owl, stian holmen, taiga

1. Werner said:

27/02/2011 19:39

This is a very special shot of a Great Grey Owl. It's a little bit spooky and gives an impression of the bird's secretive life. From there I like it. If only this little twig behind the owl would not have grown at exactly that place. But that's the forest, that's nature.

2. Urmet said:

27/02/2011 20:59

Yeah right... you just spent one evening and shoot this miracular shot. I don't believe you ;)

28/02/2011 15:46

I really like the feeling of being in the boreal forest with so many different qualities of light in the picture. And of course the bird.

28/02/2011 19:40

Wow, what a moody shot of this beautiful species. Very, very nice, I am jealous of your encounter! Looking at its legs and tail, it seems to me there was some light behind the bird as well. Midnight sun?

5. Jaak Põder said:

01/03/2011 18:02

This forest feeling makes that photo tick. A hard job to do when you have a full (flying) bird portrait in mind.

6. Darcy said:

03/03/2011 17:42

Spectacular! Focused eyes which have reall intensity, well framed, great detail, etc etc.
    Well done.

7. Lars-Eric Sellberg said:

03/03/2011 20:56

A mastershot Stian ! Outstanding photo !! The details in the face, sharp eyes, and the movement of the wings.....

8. Jukka Lausmaa said:

03/03/2011 23:08

Fantastic bird - absolutely superb photo.

9. David Guimaraes said:

24/09/2011 00:07

Amazing photo! Of a poetical density only compared to the real thin in loco! Congratulations!