Luciano Gaudenzio - Chamois mother

Cloudy, white-bright sky and a chamois mother waiting patiently her cub, having difficult to climb on the rocks.
An usual scene in our dolomites for hundred years, so I thought it in black and white….

Tags: chamois, dolomites, italy, luciano gaudenzio

Comments

27/02/2011 01:18

Great. I think the reduction is really sucessful. I don't need that much white space at the bottom - would rather crop it into a square - but - that's a matter of taste. :)

28/02/2011 15:44

Great minimalistic photo. Winter and mountains really give you a lot of possiblities to be creative. Is the young one also visible in the picture?

3. Meelis Kivirand said:

28/02/2011 21:19

I like this picture. The chamois is in perfect harmony with the hillside.

4. Jaak P├Áder said:

01/03/2011 00:42

Damn you and Bruno! Great mammal shots! Then again, I got some ideas for macros, thanks for that :-P.

5. Luciano said:

01/03/2011 23:20

Thank's all...the image was not conventional but I consider this space like a place where showing also particular shots.
    Sandra, effectively a square crop was a good idea,
    now I test it...:)
    Sven, the young chamois, first, was under the rocks, in the moment I shot, was hidden in the other side of the mount-wall
    Jaak, I await for your macro-experiments... :)

02/03/2011 10:50

Luciano, I take my comment about the square back. :)
    It might work as well ... but I saw the image first on a rather small laptop screen and had to scroll to get the whole image ... now that I see the whole image at once on a big screen ... I love it as it is. The two white parts are so evenly placed. It's just a really beautiful image. :))

7. mauro said: